Accountant - Accounts Receivable
Employment type: Full Time
This position will focus on ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due, by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status, generate age analysis, review AR aging to ensure compliance, maintain accounts receivable customer files and records.
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc, process credit card payments, prepare bank deposits.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries, process adjustments, develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts, communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally.
- Assist with month-end closing, collect data and prepare monthly metrics.
Education & Experience
- Proven working experience (preferably in the travel industry) as accounts receivable assistant, accounts receivable manager or accountant (1-3 years).
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures, fair credit practices and collection regulations.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (Dynamic, Unit4 or other full-scale ER software).
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office.
- Customer service orientated and good negotiation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration equivalent.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state "Accountant - Accounts Receivable application" in your subject header. If you are shortlisted, you will hear from us!