Hotel Procurement Manager, Pacific (2 roles)
Location: Melbourne / Brisbane
There are three core aspects to the role of a Hotel Procurement Manager – these are to build, grow and maintain a hotel portfolio, to secure best possible rates, conditions and inventory with suppliers, and to achieve targets in a number of hotels, Revenue (BP) and Override / Marketing Fees, all within a designated area of responsibility.
- Negotiating and signing competitive or exclusive contracts which meet the company requirements in terms of rates, allocations, commissions and any other key contracting criteria.
- Identify ‘must-have’ hotels within a destination and contract where appropriate according to Regional Head agreement and targets assigned.
- Responsible for maximising contracts performance through negotiating tactical and special offers to achieve targets and drive destination performance.
- Identify promotional opportunities within the destination(s).
- Responsible for producing destination monthly report to reflect market trends and product needs to Head of Commercial.
- Track and monitor competitive pricing and availability in line with demand.
- Monitoring and analysing production volumes to ensure adequate inventory in line with destinations targets.
- Provide suggestions/advice to the Pricing and Revenue Management team to ensure maximum profit margin as and when necessary.
- Making sure all required contract administration is completed in accurate, timely manner and within the department guidelines prior to submitting the contract.
- Ensure that all hotel information content (photos/facilities) is accurate and up to date.
- Responsible for all elements of ongoing account management and developing excellent relationship with key supplier decision makers.
- Responsible for negotiating and minimising losses as and when required.
- Manage the supplier relationship throughout the period of the contract.
- Promoting product internally and provide recommendations on product as and when required.
- Regular business trips and trade fair attendance as and when required.
- Work with suppliers and internal teams to maximise benefit of all channels: BAR and FIT
- Work with suppliers and internal teams to benefit from all distribution channels: Wholesale and retail.
- Identify and tackle issues regarding low performers.
- Carry out other administrative tasks, as and when required.
- Act as a solution provider in designated destination(s).
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Previous experience working as a Hotel Procurement Manager / Contracts Manager (or equivalent) within the travel industry preferred.
- Knowledge and comprehensive experience of B2B, online travel/e-commerce / Hotels as well as understanding of hotel revenue management.
- Comprehensive understanding of hotel distribution landscape.
- Fluency in English – verbal & written.
Experience, Skills & Behavioral Requirements
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable skills in both business development and account management.
- The ability to develop and promote long term, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Knowledge and comprehensive experience of operating within assigned territory.
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Ability to produce accurate reporting and management information.
- Ability to analyse data from numerous reporting sources and maintain high attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Personal effectiveness with strong communication and influencing skills.
- Adaptable to different working environment for example, willing to spend time out of office or having meetings over the phone.
- Proven track record of meeting targets and delivering success as a Hotel Procurement or Contracts Manager.
- Professional, credible, confident and enthusiastic.
- Proactive and results driven, delivering on commitments and meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work on own initiative.
- Resilient and able to perform in fast paced highly pressured environment.
- Available to travel to at least 20% of time.
- IT knowledge: functional level - MS office, with focus on Excel applications.
DESIRABLE Qualifications and Knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural organisation and working with people with a variety of cultures.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state "Application for Hotel Procurement Manager (Melbourne OR Brisbane)" in your subject header. If you are shortlisted, you will hear from us!